Over the Edge for RMHC-EIWI
Every day our families face their greatest fear. Are you willing to support them and go Over the Edge for RMHC-EIWI?
Every day our families are living their worst fears: a critically ill or injured child. We are asking our community to join us in supporting these families by facing one of the most common fears—the fear of heights. On September 15 join dozens of fellow supporters as they go over the edge of the Plaza Towers—a 13 story building in downtown Iowa City—all to support families with critically ill or injured children.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois is proud to host Iowa City’s most exhilarating fund raising event of all time: the First Annual OVER THE EDGE for RMHC-EIWI—an exclusive 158 foot rappel down the Plaza Towers on the Pedestrian Mall in Iowa City.
How to get involved:
1. Register by creating your Fundraising Page
2. Get Tips and Tools from RMHC-EIWI to help you reach your goal
3. Start Fundraising! When you reach $1,000 you pick your rappel time. (Don’t worry, it is easier than you think!!)
4. Go Over the Edge for RMHC-EIWI on September 15th
Can’t wait? Contact Victoria Mueller at 319-356-8302 or at [email protected] for more information
Raising money is easy. Here are a few tips on fundraising from Over the Edge:
- Ask! Don’t be shy. Friends, family and coworkers will feed off your enthusiasm.
- Find Building Floor Sponsors: divide the number of floors in your building into your minimum amount raised. For example, $1,000/5 floors, $200 pledge per floor.
- Challenge a coworker – have a peer in another department go Over the Edge with you and see who can raise the most money.
Want more ideas on how to fund-raise? Check out some of the resources available to our Edgers:
Event volunteers are needed.
Looking for an unique volunteer opportunity. We are looking for indiviudals who want to have an experience of a lifetime being ropes volunteers. Volunteers will have ropes training, rappel down Plaza Towers, and meals provided. There will be 30 to 45 minute webnair to complete, rope training from 4:00pm to 7:00pm on September 14th, and assist with Edgers rappel on September 15th from 8:00am to 6:00pm. For more information, read Ropes_Volunteer_Poster_2017.
We are looking for individuals who can help with the overall event. Different duties include registration, greeting, helping edgers with securing their gear, escorting participants, and helping with the announcer. Sign up here.
Toss Your Boss
Has your boss ever pushed you over the edge? Return the favor – TOSS YOUR BOSS!
Gather your coworkers and work together to raise $1,000 or more to “toss your boss” aka sponsor your boss’ rappel. View or download the attached flyer to learn more or register online.
Thank you to our 2017 Sponsors:
The Chicken Coop Sponsor:
The Safe Landing Sponsor:
Base Camp Sponsor
Interested in a sponsorship?
Download the Over the Edge Sponsorship packet below.