As a way to help students in Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois realize their dream of earning a college education, we partner with RMHC Global to offer scholarships to students in financial need who have demonstrated academic achievement and community involvement. This scholarship is a local program that awards eight $2,000 one-year awards and one $2,000/year four year award.
General Eligibility Requirements
To apply for an RMHC scholarship, a student must:
• Be a high school senior
• Be younger than 21 years old
• Be eligible to attend a two- or four-year accredited college, university or technical school with a full course of study
• Be a legal U.S. resident
• Live in a participating RMHC Chapter’s geographic area
• Submit a completed application and all required documentation by the deadline on the application
• Meet any additional eligibility requirements outlined by each scholarship program
• Provide verification of enrollment each year at respective accredited post-secondary institution for multiple year winners
Scholarship applications are closed for the 2017/18 academic year and award recipients will be announced in June. For more information, please contact Barbara Werning at (319) 356-4578.
The loss of a child is devastating. Through the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Iowa & Western Illinois’ Bereavement Program, families are provided burial assistance to help ease the financial burden at such a tragic time. Funds are available to families that have used The Ronald McDonald House of Iowa City, Ronald McDonald Family Room at St Luke’s Hospital, or Ronald McDonald Family Room at University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital. To apply, families need to fill out the Bereavement Request. A copy of the contract, invoice, and/or quote from the funeral home, cemetery and/or monument company must also be submitted with a completed form. Checks will be made payable to and sent directly to the entities listed above. The bereavement program will cover a combined total of up to $700 per family. All documents must be received before the request can be processed.