Red Shoe Society
The Red Shoe Society (RSS) is a professional membership group dedicated to furthering the mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Iowa & Western Illinois (RMHC-EIWI). Together, we recruit volunteers, raise funds and spread awareness of RMHC- EIWI and its work in our community.
The Red Shoe Society is made up of philanthropic-minded professionals who bring passion, energy and fresh ideas to the table. Our members range from the young to the “young at heart,” from the recent grad to the newly promoted executive. We come from different professions and backgrounds, but we share a common goal—pulling up our sleeves and making a difference through leadership and community service.
PERKS OF MEMBERSHIP
As the first Red Shoe Society in Iowa, we have a unique opportunity to shape the future of our group and set the standard for other Red Shoe Societies across our state. But the perks of membership extend far beyond the group itself:
- Gain valuable experience developing nonprofit programs, coordinating events and raising funds that you can proudly display on your resume
- Build your communication skills and grow your professional network
- Nurture your leadership abilities and become a stronger team player
- Have fun and flex your creative muscles
- Make a real difference by helping the families we serve stay close to each other and the care they need, when they need it the most!
You’ve got big shoes to fill—size 29EEE, to be exact! But aside from dressing the part, as an RSS member, you’ll act as an ambassador for RMHC-EIWI by helping to raise awareness and funds for our organization.
- Monthly Meetings – Members are required to attend monthly meetings and events held in either Iowa City or Cedar Rapids. Meeting locations will rotate on a month-to-month basis. Don’t forget to wear your red shoes to every RSS meet up!
- Volunteer Expectations– Each month, members are expected to volunteer or participate in an RMHC-EIWI event, including:
- Cooking a meal at the House or either of our Family Room locations
- Volunteering or creating a team to participate in Fore the Families of RMHC-EIWI Golf Outing or Red Shoe Run
- Volunteering a one-hour shift at the House or or the Family Room at UnityPoint St. Luke’s Hospital
- Activity Fee – Members must contribute a minimum of $120 throughout the year, which may be donated upfront or on a recurring basis at $10 per month.
BECOME A MEMBER TODAY
If you’d like to become a member of the Red Shoe Society or if you have questions about the program, contact Ryne George, Development Coordinator for RMHC-EIWI at [email protected] or 319-356-8302, or fill out the form below.