Thank you for your interest in serving families by working for Ronald McDonald House Charities-Eastern Iowa & Western Illinois.
Position: Executive Director
Reports to: RMHC Board President
Salary: Competitive-commensurate with experience
Position Status: Full time/Salaried/Exempt
To Apply: [email protected]
Ronald McDonald House Charities a non-profit, 501 © (3) corporation, creates, finds and supports programs that directly improve the health and well being of children. Our grassroots-driven programs offer help where children need it most – right in their own communities.
Mission Statement: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Iowa & Western Illinois (RMHC-EIWI) keeps loved ones close to children receiving medical care by providing support, rest, and nourishment.
Summary: The Executive Director is accountable to the Board of Directors for stewardship of the RMHC Mission Statement and the integrity of its goals. Reporting to the Board President, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for RMHC programs, as well as expansion and execution of its mission.
The Executive Director is the ambassador for the organization and is responsible for building relationships with the community and media to drive broader awareness and donor support for the organization and its mission.
In partnership with the appropriate committees of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director designs the overall policy and procedures for general operations, maintains community and public relations, and is responsible for the direction and oversight of the fundraising and budgetary policies of the Board of Directors.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated energetic and visionary leadership skills.
- Strong time management with ability to set priorities and demonstrated team-building skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong financial acumen, including developing and monitoring annual budget and using data for informed strategic decisions.
- Develops and maintains excellent contacts in the community.
- Strong interpersonal and community relation skills and ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse groups, including staff, volunteers, business community, foundations and other agencies.
- Models good leadership and management skills and motivates others to willingly strive to achieve goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Demonstrates Servant Leadership to the Mission of RMHC-EIWI with a focus on the families and children served.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as liaison between RMHC-EIWI Board of Directors and RMHC licensed programs in the region.
- Prepare all board reports, schedule meetings, take and distribute minutes, and ensure timely follow-up of action items.
- Ensure all board policies and procedures are up to date and in accordance with RMHC, Inc. guidelines.
- Schedule, organize, provide administrative support for all board committee meetings – take and disseminate minutes if necessary.
- Maintain all necessary records, policies and procedures for RMHC-EIWI.
- Maintain and nurture the existing relationship between RMHC-EIWI and the local McDonald’s Owner/Operators and our Hospital partners.
- Liaisons with all hospital partners and key leadership to maintain cohesive and productive working relationships
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Communications Plan.
- Cultivate existing relationships with funders, media, and other influential community leaders to strengthen the RMHC brand.
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the reach and reputation of RMHC and its related programs.
- Continue to look for new opportunities to tell the RMHC story in the region.
- Represent RMHC at RMHC sponsored events in the region.
- Oversees Development Director to ensure proper management of social media and website communications
- Oversees the communication vehicles set in place by the Development Director to create momentum and awareness for all RMHC and RMHC licensed programs.
- Oversee all media contacts.
- Together with the Development Director, create and implement a system to regularly evaluate all fundraising initiatives in efforts to hit fundraising goals.
- Work with staff of RMHC licensed programs to develop objective performance measurements, to ensure consistent, high-quality reporting to the RMHC board and to feed into communications channels.
- Takes initiative to expand RMHC donor base and new sources of funding relationships
- Provide professional donor-centric support to all private, corporate and foundation partners.
- Assists in oversight and actively participate in special events and donor relationships.
- Administer accounting practices, bookkeeping functions, maintenance of fiscal records and financial reports;
- Appraise operating results in terms of costs, approved budget compliance, operating procedures, trends and increased net profit opportunities;
- Interface with Finance Committee and lead the preparation of budgets and other financial documents; participate in strategic planning to achieve budget objectives, responsibility for all activities in accounts payable/receivables and bookkeeping functions; maintain accurate records and control reports.
- Interface with accounting firm to conduct annual audit and annual Internal Revenue Service documents.
- Establish consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability.
- Ensure timely reporting to RMHC Global, and implement sound record-keeping practices across the RMHC organization.
- Together with the Development Director and Marketing Firm, oversee the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral, including but not limited to, newsletters, e-communications, brochures, and RMHC website.
- Together with the Development Director and Marketing Firm, oversee webpage maintenance – ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly;
- Creating and maintaining an environment of serving families and children.
- Servant leadership as it pertains to volunteers and staff.
- Responsible for overall operations, accountability, and management. Operates on a business-like basis and in compliance with Cooperative Living Guidelines.
- Oversight of Operations Director’s ability to manage House personnel: recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate all employees.
- Together with the Operations Director, develop effective, efficient support systems for the organization, including technology assets, training, personnel, purchasing, accounting
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university or at least 5 years of relevant experience with 3 of those years preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- Experience in a nonprofit organization focused on children and families would be a plus.
- Preferred but not required; experience/knowledge/exposure to RMHC programs and affiliation to the global McDonald’s system.
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully implementing innovative programs.
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with technology to develop and implement program evaluation systems.
- Experience with large fundraising events, event management and fundraising/donor management software.
- Strong project management skills managing multifaceted projects resulting in measurable program growth.
- Experience in having worked with high-performance, collaborative peer groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to and passion for RMHC mission.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Ability to demonstrate ethical behavior consistent with sound business practices and aligned with the values of the RMHC organization.
- Experience and comfortable with public speaking
- Transparent and high integrity leadership skills
- Strong patient empathy and compassion
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk, sit and stand; use hands for finger manipulation, handle, feel, reach with arms and hands, and talk or hear.
- The employee may be required to lift up to 10 pounds.
- The vision requirements include close, distance, peripheral, and depth perception.
RMHC of Eastern Iowa- Western Illinois is an equal opportunity employer, without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion or national origin.
If you’d like to serve by volunteering, visit our Volunteer Opportunities page.