Careers & Internships
Thank you for your interest in serving families by working for Ronald McDonald House Charities-Eastern Iowa & Western Illinois.
- House/Family Room Associate (Iowa City, IA)
House/Family Room Associates
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Iowa & Western Illinois (RMHC-EIWI) provides support to families who have children receiving care at the University of Iowa Children’s Hospital.
We currently have openings for part-time House Associates/Family Room Associates. These positions will be trained to work at both the Ronald McDonald House in Iowa City and the Ronald McDonald Family Room inside the UIHC Stead Family Children’s Hospital.
- Welcome, orient and assist guests and visitors
- Provide guidance for volunteers on duty
- Ensure that areas are kept neat, clean, and inviting
- Assist with guest registration process
- Prepare guest rooms when needed
- Receive and log donations and other data entry
- Monitor grounds and facility to ensure safety for guests
- Answer phones and respond to general inquiries from the public
- Family Room only: occasional simple meal preparation
Variable evening and weekend shifts. Preference given to candidates with occasional daytime availability as well.
Applicants must be reliable and able to work independently.
Applications are accepted through Indeed.com.
Please visit Indeed.com and follow instructions to complete the application process.
If you’d like to serve by volunteering, visit our Volunteer Opportunities page.